1) Sign Up
Deadline: 6pm on June 15th, 2019 (Beijing Time)
（*Deadline for Paris Site is July 20th，2019）
Method 1: Sign up through the official website (www.homevalley.net/en/) Applicants must submit complete and accurate registration information as required.
Method 2: Sign up at your nearest site (please send your pitch demo and contact info).
Vancouver Site: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toronto Site: email@example.com
Silicon Valley Site: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paris Site: email@example.com
2) Preliminary Rules
1. Preliminary time: June 15th to June 20th.
（*Paris Site: From July 20th to July 25th, 2019）
2. Homevalley's partner tech parks, incubators and institutions will select and
confirm semi-final applicants independently. Applicants that have not yet landed in Yangpu will be evaluated by the organizer of the contest for their entry to the semi-finals. 12 projects will be selected for each overseas site.
3) Semi-final Rules
1. Semi-final time: June 22nd to July 31st.
2. The participating company must send their newest PPT pitch deck (named in the format: project name - the applicant's name) to the corresponding venue through email before the semi-final competition deadline. If it is overdue, the previously submitted BP will be reviewed instead.
3. The participating companies will conduct pitch presentations (10 minutes) and defenses (5 minutes) on site. The judges will select 6 overseas companies/projects from each site to advance to the final competition in Shanghai.
4. The presenter participating in the competition must be the founder or one of the core members of the company (e.g., CEO, COO, or CTO).
5. The on-site judges will be invited by the organizers. There will be 5 judges at each site.
6. The scoring rubric shall be jointly collected and verified by the staff of the contest site, the organizers of the contest and the assessment team leader. The list of companies selected for the finals contest will be announced on the official website of the contest as well as Homevalley's WeChat.
4) Final Rules
1. Final time: From August 5th to August 25th.
2. Winners from all semi-final competitions will enter the final.
3. Winners from overseas and other cities semi-finals will enter the finals in different divisions in Shanghai.
4. The participating company must send their newest PPT pitch deck (named in the format: project name - the applicant's name) to the corresponding site through email before the final competition. If it is overdue, the BP used in the semi-finals will be used again.
5. The presenter participating in the road show must be the founder or core member of the company (e.g., CEO, COO, or CTO).
6. The 150 companies from global sites selected for the finals will be evaluated by the on-site judges at the main stadium, and the participating companies will conduct a pitch presentation (10 minutes) and a defense (5 minutes.) The judges will select 120 projects for the final awards list.
7. The on-site judges will be invited by the organizers. There will be 5 judges at each site.
8. The scoring rubric will be collected and verified by the organizers of the contest and the assessment team leader. The rankings will be announced on the official website of the contest as well as Homevalley's WeChat.
There are 1 semi-final site in Silicon Valley, 1 semi-final site in Toronto, 1 semi-final site in Vancouver, 1 semi-final site in Paris, 1 semi-final site in Hangzhou, 5 semi-final and 1 final sites in Shanghai.
1. Semi-finals Time:
Toronto Site: June 22nd, 2019
Vancouver Site: June 24th, 2019
Silicon Valley Site: June 29th, 2019
Paris Site: July 26th, 2019
2. Final Time:
Shanghai Site: From August 5th to 25th.
3. Five Divisions:
7) Backup Measures
If companies fail to attend the semi-finals, finals, or unable to fulfill the requirements to win the awards within the specific time due to their own reasons, they will be disqualified. The competition organizer will initiate backup measures and allow companies in subsequent order to take the spot, and provide them with the same qualifications and incentives.
8) Other Considerations
1. Participants must not exchange business cards or communicate privately with the judges to ensure fairness of scores.
2.The entire road show will be video recorded, please strictly follow the provisions of the organizers and do not resort to falsification.
3. In the semi-finals and finals, participating companies must report to the site officers at the respective time according to notice. If participants fail to arrive at the site within the specific time, participants are deemed to have renounce their participation automatically.
4. All presenters are prohibited from video recording, sound recording and taking photos privately.
9) The Competition's Organizational Structure
Host: Shanghai Yangpu People's Municipal Government