To all technology companies, science and technology parks, co-working spaces, and innovation incubators:
To incorporate the ideals of the "Yangpu's Innovation and Entrepreneurship Construction Project," we have especially hosted the Fourth Shanghai Yangpu Star of Start-ups, Global Contest. The contest's goal is to find more innovative and entrepreneurial talents, encourage them to start their own business and help these talents to successfully realize their innovative entrepreneurship dreams. Please see the following announcements:
1) Theme of the Contest
The Star of Start-Ups Global Contest brings together more than 1,000 innovative start-ups worldwide. 50 investment institutions and 50 professional judges will select 120+ of the top companies for the Outstanding Award, Elite Award, Cutting-Edge Award, and Enterprising Award, providing the equivalent of $350,000 USD in total prizes with an additional Bonus Award. There will also be a follow-up system tracking and supporting the award-winning companies.
The contest is for companies (projects) that are have their business registered in Shanghai's Yangpu district and have independent legal entity. As for projects that are not registered, they must land in Yangpu within 6 months of the competition.
1. The establishment time of the company (project) shall not exceed 5 years (established after January 1st, 2014);
2. The companies (projects) should be innovative and have high growth potential coming from high-tech product development, manufacturing, service, TMT, new retail, internet, enterprise services, cultural creative, healthcare and biotechnology, education training, blockchain, new energy, software applications, information security, new finance, automotive transportation, advanced manufacturing, personal care and services, new materials, clean technology, environmental protection and agricultural services industries. Companies with intellectual property rights disputes or any records of illegality are not eligible;
3. Individuals and companies (projects) who have won in previous Star of Start-ups, Global Contest cannot participate again.
4. In regards to the Bonus Award, there is no requirement for applicant's nationality. However, the applicant should have a masters or above degree from an accredited college or university (If the company has not been established during the contest, the applicant may participate in the contest by registering as the project. If the applicant receives the Bonus Award, the company should be registered in Yangpu district and the applicant needs to own more than 30% shares in the company).
3) Contest Timeline
The contest will hold preliminary, semi-final and final rounds. Semi-finals and finals will be divided into specific sites. There will also be a bonus round.
1. Preliminary: From June 15th to June 20th, each site will choose 12 projects for semi-final contest. （ *Paris Site: From July 20th to July 25th, 2019）
2. Semi-finals: From June 22nd to July 31st through onsite pitch presentations. Professional and investment institution judges from each site will select 6 projects for final contest in Shanghai.
3. Final: From August 5th to August 25th through video pitch presentations. Professional and investment institution judges will select 120 winning projects.
4. Bonus Round: From August 16th to 31st. Projects that meet the
requirements will present through video pitch presentations. Professional and investment institution judges will select projects for the Bonus Award.
5. Award Ceremony: Winning projects will be announced and awarded in October. Founders of projects that win the Outstanding Award might be invited to the Award Ceremony in Shanghai (flights and accommodation will be provided).
4) Sign Up Time and Method
1. Deadline: 6pm on June 15th, 2019 (Beijing Time)
（*Deadline for Paris Site is July 20th, 2019）
2. Sign up method:
Method 1: Sign up through the official website : www.homevalley.net/en/
Method 2: Sign up at your nearest site (please send your pitch demo and contact info).
Vancouver Site: email@example.com
Toronto Site: firstname.lastname@example.org
Silicon Valley Site: email@example.com
Paris Site: firstname.lastname@example.org
Relevant institutions should actively cooperate with the event organizer in promotional and organizational work, encourage public participation, arouse all aspects of social concern, and create a strong competitive atmosphere.
Shanghai Yangpu People's Municipal Government